What are some of the most difficult obstacles we face when we try to read and understand the Bible?
- Of the four practical elements mentioned in this section – A Study Time, A Study Method, A Study Group and Study Resources – which element could you begin first to work on, in order to deepen your understanding of the Bible?
- Read Psalm 1:1-2. Why does the Psalmist believe we should meditate on God’s words “day and night”?
- What Bible Study method works for you? If is different than the one described in this Session, share it with the group. Perhaps it will work for someone else.
- Read Acts 2:42-47. List the various things that the early church members did to grow in their faith. Why was it important that they practiced these things together, in community?
- Why is it important to join with others to study the Bible?
- Share with the group some study resources that you have found especially helpful.