Describe a time in your life when prayer was especially important. Why was it important? Do you remember what words were used? What the results or effects of this prayer were?
- How would you define “prayer”?
- Do you agree with the statement that “Prayer is perhaps the most misunderstood and underused tool that God has provided for us?” Why do you agree or disagree with this statement?
The Role of the Spirit
- Read John 16:7-15. Why is it important that the Holy Spirit come to the disciples of Jesus?
- Read Romans 8:26-27. How does the Spirit help us in our weakness, as we dialog with God in prayer?
The Role of Faith
- Read Matthew 17:20; John 14:12-14. How can faith the size of a tiny mustard seed move mountains?
- How should we respond when God does not seem to answer our prayer in the way and in the time that we would like Him to answer it?
- Read James 1:2-8. How should we deal with questions, doubts, or uncertainty about God’s plans for us? Does this passage mean that we should keep silent about our doubts, or that we should dialog openly with God about them?
- Read Isaiah 55:8-9. How does this passage help us to understand why God may not be acting in the way that we want Him to?
- Read James 4:2-3. How do life-choices affect our prayer life?
The Role of Community
- Why is it important that we pray together with others?
- Why is it important that we pray together for the needs of others?